View Single Post
Old 24th November 2010, 09:29 AM

Default Further information...

Hi,

just thought I’d update this post with some more information:

I had a noodle round the government web site that gives details of IVA: Individual Vehicle Approval: the basics

I have made some links to the documents and forms that are of interest to us:

The what, why, how and where

The Individual Vehicle Scheme - A Guide to the Approval of Light Passenger & Light Goods Vehicles (PDF) - VOSA Guide to the IVA Process: Very useful overview of the IVA scheme.

Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) Manual for Vehicles Category M1 (Passenger Vehicles) (PDF) – The IVA Inspection Manual latest version October 2010 - The criteria and examination carried out during the IVA test

VOSA IVA Test Stations and Designated Premises (PDF) – Locations of IVA test stations (is also part of The Individual Vehicle Scheme) – Where to get tested.

The forms

Form IVA 1 - Application for Individual Vehicle Approval (Word doc) – Form to be completed to apply for an IVA test

Form IVA 1 Guidance Notes (PDF) – Guidance notes for the above form

Individual Vehicle Approval - Amateur Built Declaration (Word doc) – Declaration for that build conducted by amateur

The cost

IVA Inspection fees (PDF) – Fees from 29 April 2009: How much it will cost (Haynes Roadster is in the M1 category Basic IVA test classes A, C, S)

Hope it’s of use.

eSteve

Last edited by eSteve : 24th November 2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Corrected link 'IVA: the basics' to go to 1st page of guide