View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_wasa View Post
They must be generous rollers as the big tuners only get 165ish with out cams and headwork. I would still question if it will idle like factory and meet an age related emmisions test.

At what price for Ms ? Mtec want £600 for there Ms with a bit of time on the rollers. I havnt looked at uk prices of a proper Ms for a while.

I have installed Omex, Ae, Dta ect on engines, mine and others inclueding a guy that builds busa engines for radical.
They all start at that sort of money PLUS time on the rollers.
I know of a few people that have had multi sessions on the rollers each came away with max power from the start but keep going back to tweek it for around town.

The point of this post is best power for a budget. My ecu cost less than the going rate of an edis4, £29.99 and wont need time on the rollers.
i totaly understand the cheapness and possible fun of what your doing but in my opinion it just needs to be ajustable to suit inlet and exhaust changes needed to fit into a 7 kit also i looked into useing a st170 motor but there is to much in the way of twiddley bits making it an over copmlicated install and i would of had to buy a complete car to get everyting i would need

all boils back to the age old well troden zetec stripped back and aftermarket ecu, exhaust and some form of good inlet

my friend has a sylva striker with a 2l zetec he squirted himself on bike throttle bodies and it was eating type9's even ate a club one
from too much power
had to tone it down come the end and it would pass a cat test come mot time