View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numplumb View Post
Pedal box looks good, I'm using mx5 pedals in mine too I have mocked it up and got the steering column over the rail and I'm using the bearing as NTS Saturn design, did you alter the loud pedal?.
Nice to see someone else using the mx5 pedals, I was feeling all alone! I didn't do too much to the accelerator pedal. I maybe shortened the length inside the car as it may of been a bit long.

Quote:
I bent mine the other way and I think I will have to make it longer to clear the top of the servo, with it as Mazda made it I would not be able to get it to clear the side of the bonnet.
What I did if I can remember as it was well over 12 months ago. I cut out the part of the engine bay from the donor that all the pedals mount to and then I chopped the clutch mounting from the the rest and moved it over closer to the brake, so much so that the nut for mounting the clutch cylinder on that side is inaccessible without removing the brake servo first. This means you can keep the accelerator as it is and you just need to bend and adjust the pedals to suit your feet. I did away with the clutch pedal stop and used a piece of 4mm plate welded to the tunnel tube. Hope that helps.

Quote:
I'm going to make a plate 280mm wide x 200mm high out of 3 plate and a frame of 20mm angle iron each side back to the steering column support and 30m x 3mm flat iron across to bolt the back of the pedals to and then make the top and sides in Ali back to the bulk head/fire wall when I make it.
Sounds like it will be good and strong I'm using ali just for the removable top access cover.