View Single Post
Old 9th July 2013, 02:40 PM

No pictures but I'm slowing finishing off the chassis, loads of final welding and grinding to do. steering column UJ is sorted now and column bearing and plate, pedal box needs a bit more to finish which I shall do tonight when it's cooler.

Then I need to get the drivers floor welded up. Passenger floor needs some welding from underneath to finish. Then it's just the backend to sort out but I think it's just brackets that need fully welding and maybe redo the underside welding on the strut towers as I wasn't happy with them last time.

Think I'm going to go for a fibre glass kit from AGM as I really can't be arsed doing the sides and back in ali I just don't have the space, tools, patience or skills, binning my custom rear end as it's still not finished, nosecone brackets will go, heater matrix and brackets are being deleted, it was leaking, and moving the waterbottle to the front of the car. No more steel to be attached to this car not even going to do the round bits near the seats, just going to leave that to the fibreglass side panels. All Ali tunnel in 0.9mm with foot rest, thin I know but cheap and easy to cut/bend.

Done some measuring and the AGM kit should fit fine, worse case is a bonnet bulge.

Got my paint, paint brushes, seam sealer, brake pipe, clips, unions, still to sort roll bar but think I'll just buy that one off ebay as I give up trying to get a CDS item made for reasonable money, but I will be cross bracing it and doing the supports with CDS.

Looking forward to having a finished chassis all painted and getting on with putting things back on for the final time!