Thread: Flange adpator
View Single Post
Old 16th April 2013, 06:26 PM

Default Flange adpator

Hi,
I have so much difficulties to get a propshaft for my set up. First, because, even though everybody is complaining about the crisis, nobody looks to want to work: I placed 4 enquiries online (3 in the UK, one in Sweden), and I got only one reply. And when I visit engineering companies here in my neighbourhood, no one wants to shorten my shaft and rebalance it.

The only company who replied is North West Propshafts, and a very nice guy over there (Michael, I definitely recommend them) took care of my problem, but it is not simple.

I am using a MT75 Gearbox, and he made me remove the big rubber joint, then the big steel damper flange, to make sure of what was underneath.

RubberJoint02_1.jpg
GeraboxSteelFlange03_1.JPG

There is a 3-bolt flange directly bolted on the tail shaft of the MT75 where the custom propshaft should be bolted.

GearBoxSteel3BoltFlage01_1.JPG

But it is not a standard connexion for them, and it raises the price of the propshaft to a level I can not really afford (especially as I have to pay for the shipment to Sweden)

He could make a propshaft with a round differential flange at each end, and it will be much cheaper (and lighter too). Certainly something like that:

SimplePropShaft.jpg

But I have to find someone who can machine a special adaptor to make the link between the 3-bolt flange from the MT75 (3 holes 96mm PCD, 16mm Locating Pin, 12.2mm Holes) to a flange like the Sierra differential round flange (109mm Dia, 90mm PCD, 56mm Male register)

Could anyone of you who has a lathe easily do that, and how much would you charge? If you are interested in doing the job, you can reply here or send a PM please.

Thank you very much.