View Single Post
Old 7th May 2014, 05:11 PM
Davidbolam Davidbolam is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 856

Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Been a slow few months, haven't really made any progress with my car
Really need to wrestle with my wiring loom to get it in place.
However I did make a dashboard yesterday, I'll get some pictures up when its sanded.

I used some 9mm marine ply reinforced across the bottom, with some quadrant beading across the bottom edge, but typically I've just read the IVA manual again and I've got the radius wrong thinking it was around 19mm diameter not radius, think I'm 5mm short in the radius department, shame as I've glued it all together . I could cover it some compressible material rather than carbon effect I was going to do it in or just remake it again.
I did the same thing! I measured my broom handle and bent the ally around it only to realise it was too small. I then covered it in camping mat and leatherette as the radius can be smaller if its padded.
Click to see my build photos on Flikr

Saturn MX5 Based Chassis, Limited Slip Diff & 2.4 Quick Rack.

Build cost.... seems to be spending more on tools than car bits at the moment! (they will be handy in the future though).
Car iva'd and passed 15/08/2014. Finished weight 572kg.
Reply With Quote