View Single Post
Old 9th October 2010, 12:48 PM

Smile Bonzo's progress

It has dawned on me that I have been very sloppy about keeping folk informed about my progress !!

Even worse, I have progress reports/pictures scattered throughout the forum in all mannner of assorted threads

I have started this new thread to keep those that are interested in my build, informed & will endeavour to keep all of my drivell posted in this thread

Latest progress

Firstly, the grand workshop clean up never happened !! .... For some reason, I can't leave the build alone, all I want to do at the moment is to be making things ??
My motivation to crack on with my build seems to be on a high & as they say, make hay whilst the sun shines.

This morning I made a wee mod to the pedal box.

First picture is of the aditional metalwork involved.

Second picture is of the master cylinder in it's new position.

Why have I done this ??

When I offered the master cylinder up to the pedal box, I was not entirely happy with the angle it was sitting at !! mostly, just how low the bottom brake line was going to be .... Without using a Banjo union on that one, it was going to be difficult to keep that pipe above the chassis.

In it's new position I feel that the following advantages have been achieved.

Master cylinder now working at the angle that is was designed for, Fluid bottle now more or less level, cylinder tilted at an ange that will encourage any trapped air to work its way out, better angle for the pedal actuating rod & most importantly to me, more room for the bottom brake pipe.

The material I used for the pedal box was 4mm plate, had some kicking about & thought it would be stiffer than the 3mm plate I had.

The keener eyed of you may notice that I have placed U6, square to the bulkhead !!, yes a cock up on my part & not noticed untill the chassis was fully welded.

Here's thinking about this afternoons jobs

www.roadster-builders.co.uk

Last edited by Bonzo : 9th October 2010 at 01:09 PM.