View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drury318 View Post
THe main problem with DVLA is the totally useless telephone enquiry system,I went to great lengths before my IVA to find out what I had to do regarding registration as I live 25 mls from Beverley Dvla & the same from Lincoln Dvla. After 3 long waits on the line pressing 1 for this etc, 2 people said use Beverley and one said Lincoln, so I trailered my car to Beverley straight from the IVA. I didn`t expect a registration no etc there and then but they wouldn`t even process my paperwork saying Lincoln was nearer & my local office, they did however take my paperwork & say they would send it to Lincoln who would do the Inspection etc & handle it from there. I then received a letter from Lincoln saying I had to wait 2 weeks for an inspection & if I couldn`t make that date it would be another 2 weeks, so I`ve had the day off tomorrow to make this appointment. Lincoln cannot now process the paperwork as it was handed in at Beverley, they have to post the paperwork back to Beverley and let them do it, despite Beverley saying I couldn`t do this. We will see how I get on tomorrow! I feel that if you could call DVLA locally and speak to a human straightaway all this may be avoided.

Also forgot to say that as Mark says the IVA was a breeze compared with the DVLA!

Dennis.
I arrest my case

You will be on the road before you know it