View Single Post
Old 6th June 2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drury318 View Post
Finally sorted and on the road. I went to Lincoln yesterday and after some discussion about how much of the donor car I had used ( all of it bar the engine )and how to prove it was the diff gearbox etc from the donor she sent the paperwork to Beverley DVLA.
Beverley rang at lunchtime to say they needed payment, can`t do it over the phone I have to post it or bring it in person, about 20mls and a couple of bridge tickets. I asked is there any benefit in bringing it over posting, will I be on the road any quicker?, no it`s got to go to Swansea either way.
I decided to go in person and hey ho waiting for me is my J plate & everything else! good job I went. Plates now made up & car roadtested .
All seems ok but it`s very windy, cycle wings seem to wobble alarmingly so I don`t know how long they will last, but I am chuffed to bits & it`s very quick and seems to handle really well etc.

Dennis.

Both things i have also encountered, the day i fitted my cycle wings i thought they were a bit floppy so took them back off and beefed up the bracket material to 5mm. You really dont want them hitting the tyres!

A good tip for other builders by the way

They are windy but you get used to it! wear safety glasses and a benny hat pulled down to cover the top edge of the glasses and keep your mouth shut this really does make a huge difference. I also have an aeroscreen on mine from saturn which seems to help a little.

Went on a drive with spud and a few other sevens the other day with hat and glasses on, we covered 90miles, some of it at quite high speed and i was very comfortable

Wait until you get it on the country lanes, its amazing how fast you can take the corners

Well done on getting on the road, cant believe you got a j plate too!