Thread: Boiling up
View Single Post
Old 10th April 2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz05 View Post
I'm trying to figure out your system. I take it the water is pushed through the heads/block by the water pump to the water rail at the back and then down the pipe in the centre back to the rad. I see the pipe is connected to the pump but I assume this is straight through the pump body to the rad.

Correct me please if I'm being thick but I notice on my tintops (both Zetecs) that the hose coming off the thermostat goes to the top hose on the rad and the pump is fed from the bottom hose. Yours appears to be the other way round.
the pump draws water from the block, and pushes it through 2 external pipes in the vee between the heads to the rear water rail where it flows back into the rear of the heads and round again. The rail also has 2 ports for the donor's heater matrix. The return from the matrix was a Y-pipe witht he expansion bottle on one end, I have attached the expansion bottle directly to this port and blanked the other.

At the front, the pipes from the pump are arranged as per the donor, with the thermostat side going to the bottom of the rad.

And here's all my build photo's on a picasa web album http://tinyurl.com/5tbtm46