View Single Post
Old 29th March 2010, 05:17 PM

Smile

Thanks guys, I might be a bit repetitive here, but basically unlike nigel I didn't turn up a Merkur or similiar style of donor, at least not one that was cost effective.
So I decided to sort of go on my own with what was more easily available around my part of the country.
The engine is a 3.4 Liter GM V6 with an improved flat tappet cam, Edelbrock intake, Holley 4 barrel carburator and alum under drive pulleys should produce approximately 200 hp and about 210 ft pound torque.
The engine weighs 362 pounds with the flywheel, clutch, intake, carb, starter, water pump, plugs and damper.
The transmission is a borg warner world class T5 and the rear axle is a Ford 8.8 solid 5 link setup with limited slip.
It has a 3.73 final ratio but that might get changed to 3.27 or higher as time goes on and I get some miles under my belt
The chassis has a 93 inch wheel base with a 67 inch front track and a 65 inch rear track.
Wheels are 2007 Mustang off of Ebay, lucked out as I got them cheap and they were still in new the original boxes boxes.
The front spindles are from a Mustang II, as is the rack which has been narrowed by 3 inches.
I am using Gaz shocks and springs all the way around ,200 pound on the back and 350 on the front.

I guess that is sort of the meat of it, if anyone has any questions dont hesitate to ask.

TT, to get it on the road over here will need an inspection. I will need to apply for a vin number and at the time will have to say which shop the inspection will be done at.
The vin will be sent to that shop and I will be called into have my inspection done by them.
It seems quite critical as to pick the right shop as the standards vary a lot and much of it is up to the inspector.
If I go to an auto dealership they will more in likely inspect the car like a new 2010 vehicle and the car will not meet those types of requirements, if I go to a shop that specializes in hot rods then they will look more at the driving safety issues of the car instead of whether I should have a 20 mile an hour impact safe bumper.
Shop research will be important, there is more to it than that of course, the car has to be pre weighed and in some case a structural is rquired,depending once again on where it goes, it seems some do some dont.

No problem Nigel, if you wish to come and take a look sometime, I am just down the road a bit in Agassiz.
Also Mark has a completed 'book' car and he lives in Surrey as well, he can be found on the LocostUSA forum under Mainlandboy, his isn't a Haynes build but he is friendly and helpful.
I have added a few pictures, clicking on the pictures should bring up a bunch more, or at least lead to more.

Al

Al
www.lotussuper7replica.com/