View Single Post
Old 8th April 2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
Horse rider here too, had 2 of my own a few years ago, well 1 for me & 1 for the wife, hers was a good little , what I would call a "plodder" , a Welsh section "D", cracking "in Hand" show horse...

My own was a 16 hand Thoroughbred chestnut mare, & wow was she "flighty" a great show jumper, higher the better, she was great, used to turn her into the jump, she,d see it & her ears twitched as if to say "I see it, here we go" , i,d "give" her the reign & she,d jump it perfectly , tho I then would "take" the reign in mid flight, as otherwise we,d be off like a speed train once she,d landed.

I used to spend more money on horse shoes in a year than I,ve spent on shoes for myself in my lifetime

Tho, must agree, its a great feeling galloping flat out along a beach, its hard to describe, but , wow, took my breath away.

I also dabbled with motorbikes....used to race them for a team....ouch.

cheers
andy
Yes they aren't cheap and it's always nice to have a horse that enjoys their jumping, the one we have at the moment is inexperienced but a joy to jump and will hack out anywhere on his own. Such a good horse but expensive to run.

I know if i had ever got into bikes I'd of taken one too many risks as my confidence grew and would of ended up dead or in a wheel chair so I steer well clear.

Back to the build, I have sold a large portion of my retro gaming stuff in one sale and should have £500 cash burning a hole in my pocket by tomorrow morning. I have decided it will buy the steel for the chassis pay for a larger gas bottle and the build table and some much needed tools. So tempted to buy the chassis precut but doing a mazda (saturn design) build I have to wait for the drawings for the diff/tunnel sections.