View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2013, 02:27 AM

My 2¢.

I ran an 8 mm copper pipe inside the transmission tunnel, 8 mm fuel hose elsewhere. I used a brake flaring kit to make beads on the ends of copper pipe. Fuel hose comes in low-pressure (carb) and high-pressure (efi) varieties.

There were pieces of rubber hose on my Mondeo fuel rail. In the middle there were some smart metal-plastic joints that require a special tool to open. I just obliterated the plastic part and was left with a nice 8 mm steel tube to connect my hoses.

I have the "budget" (60 quid, yeah, right, "budget") aero fuel cap from the group buy (like this: http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/B...minium_AERO694). I have it mounted on the rear panel and joined to the tank with a 90 degree silicone hose bend. Filling in is fiddly, I have to drip fuel in at very low rate, otherwise it's splashing out and the pistol cut-off is kicking in.
My cap is positioned like this:

I just integrated a ~13x13x7 cm rectangular swirlpot to my tank. That's 1 litre of fuel, should be good for 10 km or so ;-) The hole from the tank to the swirlpot is about 1-2" in diameter and is central to the pot. The intake is also in the swirlpot's bottom center, and the return comes to the swirlpot rather than tank. I had no fuelling interruptions with this setup even with the tank near-empty.

Since I use the Sierra cluster for now, I used the Sierra's sender, too. In the carbed Sierra, The sender sits on the fuel pickup pipe. I cut out a part of that pipe and made an adapter for the 6 x ø60.7 (or what's that standard fuel sender PCD) fiment. The length of the float arm fit the book tank almost perfectly.

I hope this makes sense.