Thread: Springs/dampers
View Single Post
Old 6th October 2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
Hi Mark,

I did the same and got mine from Dampertech, 350lbs front and 200lbs rear. The front on mine are perfect but next time i will be going for 250lbs springs for the rear, i'm also 16 stone and with a passenger the rear does compress a bit too much. I have had to wind the springs quite a way up to get my ride height and also stiffen up the dampers a fair bit.

I've wound up the springs since this pic but it does show how much rear compresses. Car still handles excellently though and it was pushed to the limit on these pics.

AndyH

I think i will go for the 250 rears then, looking at those pics it is very low on the limit

Also my bro is like me and you spud over six foot and 16+ stone and he will no doubt be coming along for the ride regularly when i get it finished.

Nice pics by the way, i drove an aston martin db9 around teesside autodrome
a few weeks back. I had the instructor shouting at me on the last lap i got up to 130 on the back straigt then braked very late! scared myself a little too its prob more fun and better suited to your car though as you know its a very tight track and the aston was like a bus compared to a roadster!

Thanks for the info mate