View Single Post
Old 19th January 2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronbassett View Post
thanks for your help every one i have got a manual just wondered if any one had a list of what wires did what.. so i chose to strip from fuse box taking out wire functions that i did not require any more e.g. central locking, alarm, acc, intrnal lighting, eletric windows, air blowers, and heated windows. now got a big bag of wires and relays lol. I did get kinda lost to begin with there are some ciruits im unsure about I hope to find out about them soon
Oh its quite easy to work them out if you have the manual. Look for the key saying what each fuse is then the ones you don't need ie c.locking remove the fuse and chop all the wire off.
The same goes for the relay holders with nothing in them cut off the wires from the back or push the holder out with a screwdriver. Be carefull as one of my empty holders had a piece of metal to connect the pins so it looked empty but was doing something.
Keep the wires you cut off as you always need a bit once you've binned them.
I also kept the main heater feed (from the fuesbox) and after choping the wiper lead off I soldered it back on as i'm undecided if i'm going to keep them or not.
I think its easier to make up your mind on the last two when you put the loom back in.
Hope that helps a little bit