View Single Post
Old 8th May 2013, 10:18 PM

I wont be able to make them for sale, sorry Thailoz. But I'm trying to make it easy for you guys to have a go yourselves!

The other method I was playing with on making a master to take a mold from is photopolymer plates. This is the way rubber stamps and printing plates are made. It is basically a plastic sheet covered in a UV curing resin.

You print a transparency of what you want and expose it onto the sheet so that the UV cures some areas an not others.

I had an old UV sun lamp which was greatm cured the resin in about a minute. You can do it with just a plain halogen lamp and it takes about 8 mins.

Wash out the uncured areas and you have a relief version of the logo that you can take a silicone mold from.

I would probably stick it to a disc of mdf or something the right diameter for the badge so I can get a deeper overall mold.

Oh yeah.. Total time to make this one was 25 mins rather than 4 hours on the CNC, plus you can do more at the same time.

Last edited by Stot : 9th May 2013 at 09:22 AM.