Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2010, 07:02 PM

Right then time for an update.

Since November I have built the tunnel twice, once because the doner I got had an MT75 box in it so took most of the tunnel out & put it back in to what I thought were the amended positions must have been the cold weather over christmas affecting me brain as it was way out. On checking somehow one side was a bit off & the other was way off - any ways out it came again & back in.

Made a start cleaning up the sierra bits but get bored of that pretty quick think that they will get cleaned & painted as & when they are needed.

I had 2 weeks off work which was going to be mostly build time (paternity leave!!) but most of it got sucked up removing old milking equipment from a parlour & installing sockets & lights that is next to the workshop(thanks Mr Landlord FOC). Got the roadster in there, what a difference a space with good lights & a bit of room makes!!

From this

To this

Suspension brackets, steering column supports, CP16 & 17, the curved bits at the back by the seats are all done. Also removed all the darn red stuff that creeps uo on me every time I leave the workshop.

Most of the chassis is welded also.

Today saw the pedal box 50% done, just the pedals & the brake & clutch supports to do. Feels like making good progress now.

Once the pedal box is done, bit of procurement & the bones are next, which means - WHEELS ON!!!

Cant wait!!

P.