View Single Post
Old 29th November 2012, 04:26 PM

Some more piccies for you to amuse yourselves with.

Trying to take in all the advice above, I tried sitting down but it didn't feel comfortable, like I didn't have enough control on the torch, felt much better standing up. I wanted to do some more longer runs but didn't have as much box section left as I thought.

Most of these are pushing which definitely feels better and helps with the problem I'm having seeing the join which didn't seem so bad today.

I think some of my problem is down to technique and travel speed which I was trying to experiment with today. I did also try upping the power a notch but then the wire started balling so upped the wire speed a little which seemed to put me back to laying what looked like a flat slug on the joint.

Overall I think some are slightly better and I felt like I was getting a bit more control over the puddle and bead so just got to find lots of thing to weld and practice as much as possible.

I keep reading about it sounding like bacon frying! Well I must be cooking my bacon all wrong as it's never come close lol, what I did get was a nice even buzzy sound, not popping or machine gunning so I think settings wise it probably not too far off.