View Single Post
Old 16th May 2013, 02:25 PM

We'll it's been a long while since I've updated this, I've been moving forward with the wiring and have the loom in place with cable tie backs riveted to the chassis and cable ties, which means in the future if there is anything that needs adding it will be quite easy.

I started off using insulated crimps but I wasn't happy with the quality of them so I have bought some Superseal connectors which Premier Looms confirmed will be fine with my setup. I have gone for a number of 4 way, 3 way and 2 way connectors to connect the headlights, radiator fan, indicators, rear light clusters, fuel pump, reverse switch and number plate light. I've also ordered a special set of ratchet crimps to create these connections which are yet to arrive so they are delaying me some what. Here is a picture of one:

I have also ordered the remaining bits (except hose finishers) that I need to finish off my fuelling system. I have bought another set of ZX9R bike carbs, these are the E type kind and therefore have a TPS built in, I didn't realise when I bought my original ones that I needed a TPS, it can be done using a MAP sensor but again my inlet manifold does not have the adapters on them, so I have a spare set of carbs if anyone would like to make me an offer.

I think once I have finished wiring up all of my connectors I will buy myself a Megajolt ECU and a digidash, I should then be able to start my engine.

I still need to finish off my cooling system and sort out all of my body work but everything seems to be coming together now.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting

Last edited by Tatey : 16th May 2013 at 02:28 PM.