View Single Post
Old 18th November 2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Thanks, Andy for the welcome and such a quick response. Common sense tells me to go the single donor route as far as I can but I have heard that the Zetec engine is much better. I have no experience of it but I do remember the Pinto being a bit weighty and designed in the late 17th century.
It made the 2b shift though, it had twin 45's and a fast race cam, very nippy.
Can anyone tell me which engines had which gearbox fitted? I have read here that the standard design needs tobe changed a lot if an MT75 is used but I am unsure as to which Sierras used the type 9.
Best,
Enoch
I think, basically, the early Sierras had the Type 9.

It all depends on power output as well. The Zetec is a lot more modern technology, and has higher power as standard, with the option of an easy tune for 170+ (Bike throttle bodies and decent ECU)

I have done my chassis including the mods for the MT75, and they are not difficult, in fact, they are just slight changes from the book spec. No idea if they work, because I haven't fitted my box yet, and I don't have an engine yet either.

Forgot to add, you can get a brand spanking new Zetec 2.0, with ECU, loom, injectors etc for £700 from Robin Hood.