View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerncle View Post
Going to disagree Baz,spoke to tester first hand the other day at length and having attended the VOSA facillity on many ocassions the equipment is the same as I have in my test station and is in a couple of others I have been to.

Only difference is I apply the brake and not a given load,I still go by what I said previously and reading what has been posted and quote .
"simple physics here the action of the proportional valve will be relative to the inertia/mass of the vehicle."

There is no inertia involved in a static roller brake test and a straight pressure reducer would be better suited if needed at all.
sorry im only going on what my local tester is telling me and he is telling me the brake tester is not the same as mot one and tests all 4 wheels brake effort at the same time while monitoring foot pedal pressure.
as i mentioned to him if i could go to my old garage where i used to work to check and set my car up pre iva (brakes, exaust gasses etc)
when i used to do mot's there was no foot pedal pressure monitoring to braking effort so mot set up was no good to set up a ballance bar i was planing on going for. also mot is a 2 roller job and there was no front-back effort at the same time so no good for doing my brake testing pre iva
long and short of it he said it would be best just to fit a normal master cyl and inertia valve and as long as the fronts lock first its a gooden

Last edited by baz-r : 2nd October 2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: typo