View Single Post
Old 17th January 2010, 11:56 AM

Hello AdrianH.
Yes it is a single 12kW with 28 batteries wich give you 336V.

The extra rearwheel is put the because I thougt it would be intresting to build 4x6 Seven. Yes it will scrub but in ordinary traffic that will be no big problem. I will also have a "boggie-lift-up-system" like you have on lorries for smoth turning in low speed. Parking for exampel.

Of course the extra wheels are doing a fine job to take care of the batteri weight. The batteries weight if it will be Optima YTR 3,7 yellow is about 460kg.

I have also planned to have an electricgenerator onbord so it is possible to charge "on fly".

One very important thing is that I hope I will get the electric equipment more or less for free. I have contact with a new company in Sweden and they were searching for preproduction-testcars. I contacted them and they thougt the idea I have was the right thing to carry on with. We have scheduled a talk on tuesday next week. I soon need to have the 12kW engine so all brackets kan be mounted for it.
But if there will bee som change for the economicpossibilty in "the free powersystem idea" I can always go back to the original plan with a Volvo 230 instead.

Last edited by cealm : 17th January 2010 at 01:53 PM.