View Single Post
Old 17th April 2017, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

So.... Update...

In Jan 2014 she started loosing water and was taken off the road for winter, a Passhat 1.9TD stood in until May when I was able to fit a new radiator. She was then used as a wedding car for the brother in law and enjoyed again.

I was running both the Passat and the Jag , and then thought about the future of our fleet and decided that I should consolidate the Frugal Passat, Luxury Jag, and Space Lugging wifes Galaxy into one car.

August 2014 I bought a BMW E61 530D, that was a dog, clogged DPF caused major issues even before we got home.

The Passat went to a friend, and it took till Early October to Sell the Jag as I was in no rush and the BMW was not trustworthy.

By March 2015 I was already sick of the BMW and got shot.

I replaced it with ....

A Jaguar S-Type 4.0 V8 exact same colour as the old one but not a Sport model so it has the chrome. ( I am going to dechrome it )

In love again, but then in October 2015 I think the crank was starved of oil and the engine sized (no warning, still doing post mortem!) . She was laid up over winter and then between April and June 2016 the old engine was hauld out and replaced.

1/7/16 She returned to the road and has been enjoyed ever since.

I think I will be an S-Type owner for a very long time!!

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders