View Single Post
Old 16th December 2010, 08:12 PM

OK, the complete Garrett I bought is a GT2052 - 727264 - 7 with the GT25 flange size and integrated wastegate actuator to be politically correct...
And it is ONLY an oil cool system and the plumbing for for the oil supply from the block is a simple T piece screwed into the oil pressure unit hole at the back of the block - to take the oil pressure sensor and the supply pipe to the turbo.
From the turbo its a simple dump pipe to the sump with a nipple welded into the sump box above oil level. No big deal
The Turbo goes onto the existing exhaust manifold with an adapter I will made to suit. Also very easy and cheap.
The plumbing to the intercooler from the turbo and back to the TB at the plenum is also a simple affair. Basically, that is the installation..

By trade Im a qualified boilermaker and run an engineering and fabricating (with GRP and electroplating/anodizing plant) concern and perhaps this will explain when I say easy and cheap when discussing piping and fabrications.

I suggest you do some Google on Zetec turbo and there are a quite a few dedicated sites and on YouTube there are a few clips of stock standard Zetec turbo installations by pros running from 6 - 11psi with no ill effects.
On one forum a chap had run his stock 2.0 Zetec with turbo making 220hp odd for the last 130000 miles or so without any problems... and link to video clip of the car in action.
Only one dedicated Zetec turbo site recommend to lowers the CR slightly with a extra shim and gasket to about 8.5:1 for its Spec A (lowest) conversion and everything else still stock standard and result is 200 Wheel Hp and much higher at the flywheel. Here is a link to this: http://turbo.me.uk/ox-spec-a/performance/

The reason I go for a slightly smaller turbo capacity at only about the pre-set 7-8psi is that I want to be rather safe running the stock standard Zetec with it, regardless of other claims. I only want about 200hp at the flywheel, but is the torque over a big band that Im after.

But then again, the only way to find out is to build and run it.

In my country throttle bodies (for Zetec about 980 pounds without injectors and secondhand GSXR 1000's TB's about 600 ponds) will cost about 50% more than the full cost of my turbo installation and I safe the cost of the expensive custom exhaust branch and the inlet manifold to take the TB's.

Wynand
http://5psi.net

Last edited by Wynand : 16th December 2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: typo