View Single Post
Old 29th October 2012, 10:55 AM

Hy guys

as far as i can see this has become quite a debate betwen two poits of view.
No one wants to drive an unsafe car on a public road...my life is the most important thing. In this case ,if we are talking about safety..a Lotus 7 is not a safe car at all..let s face it....not even an original Caterham...let s think about a side impact,or back or even front impact...is unsafe in every ways...have you ever see a crash test with a Lotus 7? I didn t ..but i can imagine.
On the other hand...if you want a race car but still a safe one not even a Donkervorth is good enough....A Lotus 7 is about something else...is about the pleasure of driving a car made by yourself..the satisfaction comes from inside of yourself.
It s our baby...we have spent houndred of hours ,a lot of money etc...for what?
No one wants to hurt his baby,his pride.
I have seen an original Lotus 7 and i can say it s not a lot better than mine. The front wings shaking like hell,a huge gap between the nosecone and the bonnet,brake lights working every now and then etc...even if i have the money i wouldn t pay 30 000 euro at least for it.
In my case ( and i m not the only one for shure) the pleasure was huge during the construction but i will not pay for registration here as much as the car cost me so far( around 4000 euro) ..this is the reason i was thinking for some other ways of getting the car on the road.

Buying the papers of a crashed Lotus sounds tempting..if anyone knows where to find.

Have you seen my car ? Any sugestions so far? Keep in touch.