View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 06:10 PM

Rather than buying 30x30 box section tube, and removing my "book" engine boxes, I have tried to "copy" the cast aluminium engine mount wit 25x25 tubes. I could adjust their vertical position on the 5mm plate attached to the engine in order to get rid of the 15mm extension cylinder I did in the first place. I will cap the end of the tubes to close them.

CustomEngineMounts01.jpg

It fits perfectly, I have the right height and the clearance I needed between the steering column and the water outlet. For now, the elements are just tacked together, and before fully welding them I wanted your opinion. Will it be strong enough?

CustomEngineMounts02.jpg

I will also add 2 plated, on top and on the bottom, to "close" and brace the triangle. The bolt is just here to hold them together, and will be removed after I weld the plates. It will be a water drain as I don't want any water to be stuck in between the two plates.

CustomEngineMounts03.jpg

Please tell me what you think, is it OK, shall I fully weld and put the plates on top. If you confirm it is OK, I'll do the right mount in the same way.

Thank you very much in advance.