View Single Post
Old 17th March 2013, 06:37 PM

Well it's been a long while since I've updated this, I've now moved out of my parents house but as I'm living in an apartment I don't have a garage, so my car is 15 mins away from me so progress has been slow.

I've been trying to get into the garage to little odd jobs that I can complete while I'm at my parents house so I've finished assembling the brakes, I just need to modify one of the brackets to make it IVA compliant and buy some larger push in fittings for my master cylinder and then my brake system will be complete.

I've made the passenger side transmission tunnel panel now and I've finished my dashboard, getting the 19mm bend radius on the bottom was a right nightmare but i've discovered a rubber mallet makes for a really good tool when making panels as you dont mark the aluminium when you hit it (previously I was using a piece of wood on top with a ball pien hammer).

The next job on my list is to try and tidy up the garage! As I am not living at my parents now it has been used as a bit of a dumping ground, and with it being a single garage with 5 push bikes, 1 motorbike, a kit car, 2 sets of tools, a kayak and all of the other crap that seems to accumulate in there it is getting a bit tight, so when the weather improves I'm going to take everything out and try and get some order in there as at the minute I spend half of my time looking for tools.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting