Thread: My CAR Forsale
View Single Post
Old 8th December 2012, 11:46 AM

Default My CAR Forsale

Hi Guys,

I have decided to sell my build, its a bit heart breaking, but needs must. Its probably worth more in bits but i dont want to see it stripped.

There is tons of spec and i know il forget something so il probably have to add to the list when i remember bits and bobs.

Its 99% there just needs a few bits and probably no more than a couple of days Work.

Fully powdercoated super straight chassis
All wishbones e- coated
Steel toe/camber adjusters on rear wishbones and toe adjusters on front lower wishbones for perfect alignment
Poly bushes all round, including superflex rear upright bushes
Protech dampers/springs
16inch wheels with good tyres
1.8 mazda bp engine. Head has been port matched to manifolds and polished on exhaust side.Just finished servicing head, seated all valves correctly etc. Starts and runs really nice. Probably on the happy side of 130 bhp.
Mazdaspeed air filter
Running on original fuel injection system with original ECU to keep it reliable as intention was for daily summer driver. Custom chequer plate housing to protect ecu.
I spent about 40 hours polishing the plenum and rocker cover! Like a knob i thought it would be a ten minute job
Kenlow fan and brand new radiator
Nice throaty exhaust system with bike can
Limited slip differential
Wilwood Master cylinders.
Braded stainless steel brake flexi hoses
Brand new discs/pads and wheel bearings all round
Proffesionally finished wiring loom done by john the ghost in hartlepool, even has an alpine stereo, not that youll hear it
Headlights are 7 inch from CBS, all rear lamps and side repeaters are from bolt on bits, all brand spanking and all work as they should.
Full Bolt in rollcage. I made this quite low (im a shorty 5 ft 8) to aid fitting a roof at a later date. I have about 5inch clearance from my head to the cage, but some tallboys find it a bit close, would be simple job to cut the front of the cage away leaving the rear hoop.
Alluminium 2.5mm treadplate floor
I painted the wheels myself, just a rub down and blowover, but they look ok
Rear viem mirrors fitted
Expertly fitted saturn bodykit i spent two weeks getting it perfect, with exellent shut lines. Some custom venting on side panels and bonnet. Hinged nosecone with air filter feed hole (and plug incase of rain!) There is the odd little scratch from me falling over it in the garage etc, but nothing significant. Its probably the best fitted haynes bodykit i have seen, and iv seen alot in the flesh
Rear diffuser
Stone guards on rear wings
Carbon fibre fron wings
Carbon fibre dash board, with original mazda dialpod, which actually looks quite good and rmd oil pressure guage
GRP tunnel covers
Dinoc'd aeroscreen
Triton grp seats with runners
3point harnesses
Aluminium 40 liter fuel tank with aero style filler cap

Probably loads iv forgot to mention, but it gives you an idea.

I have all reciepts, a good photodiary and v5 logbook from donor car as well as DVLA supplied chassis number. I will start organising these today into a comprehensive build diary to go with the car.

The car needs a few days spending on it to prepare for Test, and by that I honestly mean JUST a few days and a i reckon just a couple of hundred quid depending on how frugal one can be
It needs:

Steering rack. (rack clamps-trod ends and extensions are with the car)
Prop shaft. It has one i cut and shut to help move it about gingerly under its own steam but needs a proper one making up.
Front right brake caliper needs a refurb kit. The other calipers are all in good working order, but to be honest i havent got round to sripping the paint off them and repainting. They came with boyracer badly finished paint on them from the donor car.
It will need stuff like front arches edge trimming. All suspension bolts already have iva caps on them.

Wiring in tunnel needs a bit more p clipping as does fuel hoses and brake line to rear, just daft finishing jobs i havent got round to.

The odd daft little thing like nuber plate light, the wiring is all there and labelled .but just needs one fitting Also needs some side repeaters, i was going to put them on the side of cage nice and high but havent got round to that.

All in all its a good well built piece of kit ( one of the best if i dont mind saying so myself!) Iv spared no time in making sure everything iv done is right, im very proud of the car and would love to see someone finish it.

Looking for £2500 cash

If your interested give me a bell on 07752254351. But please no timewasters as im suffering from depression and feeling slightly delicate. Car is in Thirsk, North Yorkshire and would need collecting as i have no way of moving it myself