View Single Post
Old 26th September 2012, 12:15 PM

Well it's been a busy summer working at the Olympics and back down at Triumph but I got back on Friday and started uni on Monday but have finally managed to do some work on my car! The fuel tank securing brackets are now finished, they are made out of 3mm x 40mm aluminium with some 3mm x 50mm rubber strip between the tank and the brackets to make Mr IVA man happy, I was surprised at how good they came out, they seem to look the business and the tank is going no where! I just need to make some compression limiters for the top bolts and they will be complete.

I have also moved the position of the fuel line and brake hoses that were running very close to the gearbox (they were touching...), I just need to cut out a recess in the aluminium strip for the reverse switch and they will be complete.

I think my next task will be to run the wiring, secure it in place and then continue making body panels.

I have held off making the carbon fibre as I am currently trying to locate a vacuum pump I can use as my test piece contained a lot of pin holes in the surface which I wasn't too happy about, so I think the wait will be worth it. I think my university has one, so I just need to find someone who will let me use it.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting

Last edited by Tatey : 26th September 2012 at 12:26 PM.