Thread: Will this do?
View Single Post
Old 16th February 2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danblack87 View Post
So, basically, if I stick to the plan and buy a Sierra, its going to cost me an arm and a leg, if I want to use a mondeo, its going to be a mechanical nightmare with lots of other parts to source.

Are there any other cars that would work in a similar aspect to the sierra that would pretty much follow the book?

Kind regards,

Dan.
depends what you call an arm and a leg

my own build will be on the road (IVA tested) for a £3k budget, & that includes £500 set aside for the IVA test.

If you can find a cheap sierra & depending on which engine route you take you could even buy a brand new 2.0ltr zetec for £700 , it all depends how much you want to spend,

Other builders on the forum are using BMW donors, but then certain parts of the build process is not covered in "the book" & so this then asks for more mechanical problem solving ( but the forum members that have done it would help I,m sure ).

The sierra route is the easiest for the running gear, engine is then your choice whether it be zetec/duratec or bike engine, I say ford engines as they will be alot easier to fit to a ford gearbox etc.

hth.

cheers
andy