View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 08:09 PM

Ok been a while but decided to put the roadster back on the road this month as a prelude to getting 13 months mot on it in a week or so.
Also decided on a few upgrades first one being a nosecone scoop to direct cool air towards the air filter. The part I used was a vac form of a mini bonnet scoop I had lying around that I made into a plug, the great thing was by using 1.5mm PETG it was pliable enough to "mold " to the roasters shape, although it was not far off any way. After cutting the excess from the vac form I was able to see where I needed to cut into the nosecone worrying thing to do but worth it after all cut out and fettled I sprayed the scoop black and fitted it with double sided tape then glassed it in on the inside, the finishing touch was some chrome trim that had just the right thickness to match the edge of the scoop.
If anyone wants one I can do them for £18 delivered this would be the whole vac form it would be up to you to trim ( relatively easy job) any way here are some photos