Thread: Engine In Mule
View Single Post
Old 5th July 2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Seriously though, that engine is going to look awesome in a Roadster.
But why?
Its a nice looking engine, will probably make serious HP and perfect for a Cobra, but a Seven...
Its heavy - Sevens are all about handling and being nimble - and how would you put that power on the road? You will end up with a car that would not be enjoyable to drive, everytime you put the hammer down, it would break away at the stern, more so in bends

Im not a profit of doom, but is it not better to have a sharp handling car with just enough power so you can drive it flat out and on the limits?

I have a problem myself in this regard - my ride's (nearly completed) engine is a 3SGTE (weights only a little more than a 4AGE) that makes about 190kw (255hp odd) and I already considering turning the factory boost level down from about 9psi to about 6 - 7 psi. A chap in NZ has the same motor in his chariot and actually got wheel spin in 5th gear on the track - and that is frightening

Something to ponder about. A Caterham R400 has about 210hp and goes like a bat out of hell and probably the closest thing to motoring nirvana.

Wynand
http://5psi.net