View Single Post
Old 6th February 2010, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

cheers dave best u2u u a list as there are those other bits. im going to have a play tomorrow if its not raining.

spent all day outside today making all the wiring under the dash beautiful also had to sort out my horn. depending where the steering wheel was changed if it worked or not. took the wheel off and it was clearly obvious that the terminals were corroded. quick sand with a bit of wet and dry and problem cured.

getting all the lights on the dash working and doing what they should be doing felt absolutely fantastic. i can happily say all the electrics are done and im more than happy with them.

next job is to config the speedo. apparently according to the dash manual you just enter the wheel diameter if the sensor is on the wheel and it calculates the speed from the wheel rotations. the only problem is i have mounted mine on the prop flange.

being on the prop with a diff ratio of 3.92 means for every 3.92 turns of the prop the wheel rotates once.

so theoretically if it take the wheel diameter and divide it by 3.92 the speedo should be dead on.