View Single Post
Old 19th February 2010, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshG View Post

1.) Noise was 106db at 3700rpm
Furry Muff

Quote:

2.) i need a convex glass in the passenger mirror as the tester had to move his head too much to get the full range of view in that mirror
Let us know what u fit

Quote:
3.) my t pieces for the brake system were bolted to the chassis using riv nuts. this was deemed unacceptable as there is no locking device. i was advised to drill straight through the tube and use a bolt and nyloc nut on the end. all fixings/items on brake related systems must have a licking device!
To Quote a meerkat, "SIMPLES"

Quote:
4.) my roll bar back stays only had one bolt securing them. they either needed to be welded or have a minimum of two bolts.
Elaborate, is the book design out of spec now.

Quote:
5.) heat shrink and glued on rubber is deemed unacceptable for iva. any covering used must be equivalent to something a mass manufacturer would use. this meant i had to remove the heat shrink off the track rod ends which then failed (it was suggested that i used a caterham type item to cover these.)
Oooohhh... Hmmm.. Let us know the fix!!

Quote:
6.) my universal joint on the steering was too close to the bulk head bearing meaning the collapsible mechanism wouldn't work adequately in an accident.
Aaaarg... is this likly to be a problem for all of us?

Quote:
7.) speedo was out but was aloud to alter it at the time so it is now spot on.
BING

Quote:
8.) headlights were out but dogwood was aloud to align them for me whilst i sat in the car.
Bong

Quote:
9.) side indicators failed. not because of their position it was because they had the wrong e mark. the emark they had were for side markers not side indicators. the difference is that side markers have a lot narrower range of visibility than side indicators. you could see them from the back but the light emitted was not strong enough in the required direction.
BASH

Quote:
the shocks passed fine even without the rubber boots.
Can you take a pick for us of this

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders