View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2011, 08:50 PM

Default Soon got to paint chassis...

Hi all,
Hi Bonzo car looking really good . Missus wanted red car but still not sure on colour I want (still thinking yellow and black) will see. Thanks for the dims you guys, tacked up the lights today at 120mm from centre of light to chassis rail with a jig for the others to follow, centre of light to centre of light is 894mm I think, is this within SVA requirements with Spuds kit?
Hi Andy had to read your post a couple of times before I realised it was children fostering and not "Fosters"...LOL me had to many STELLAS when I read post.
Managed to get a few things done this week but not spent too much time on her.
I've updated photobucket so you can have a look, see what you think.
One question, what is the deal with the "VEE" cut shape bracket in front of the throttle pedal pivot (guess it's something to do with spring return or stop?)
I've done something different with the throttle pedal using the original MX5 cable, just need to add spring for return.
Also I have moved the throttle cable mount below the inlet chamber and fixed it to its support bracket.
Yes I know the diagnol brace is wrong to book (for the eagle eyed of you) but have yet to add aditional parts.
Also Simon perfected his anodising technique today so gonna have some cool ally coloured parts for car soon...Well done Matey.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/JohnoSS1/

Home made clevis for throttle using original MX5 cable....

Return and full throttle stops....

More to come tommorrow...Johno

Last edited by Johno : 8th January 2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Added photos