View Single Post
Old 11th December 2011, 07:39 PM

Default End of week progress..

Hi Andy,
Appreciate the comments....
Removed the handbrake system off Tony's car today and trial fitted it to my chassis and realised it needed to be modified. Good job I haven't got round to welding up all of the car yet. Tony came up with a good idea to fit the handbrake system this morning, as you can see by the photo we altered the bracket on the seat rail to angle the gaiters up slightly and back.
The aim of our build is to use as many parts from the donor car unaltered as possible which we believe is true to the build from the book. Also it enables us to exchange parts for new or if damaged.
The rest of the guys at work are catching up real quick now and it looks like this week most of the chassis will be complete, so going to order ally sheet this week for panels and floor.
Managed to DA fuel tank and weld up tank mount today as well as modify handbrake system and tack brake pipe brackets on (I seem to remember a post Andy about these should be fitted before painting...LOL) easy to forget made brackets weeks ago but only tacked them on today.
Well heres a few piccy's of this weeks progress...

Tank D/A with 60 grit first to remove scratches, and mount bracket welded and cleaned up.

New hand brake mount to Tony's spec....

Pedal box finished...

Well I updated photobucket tonight for you all to see.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/...1/MX5%20Build/

Johno

Last edited by Johno : 8th January 2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Forgot link again...LOL