Thread: Mot/iva
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 07:33 PM

To and from the MOT is as far as you should be going without tax and reg plates.
I think Frankie means if poss you should be driving it (legally) as much as possible to test it prior to SVA/IVA and the use of trade plates in this situation I think should be ok,it is not possible to obtain them without motor trade insurance so you would be covered under that policy to drive an unregistered vehicle as most car dealers do.
I think we are getting confused as to the use of brake rollers to test the Roadster brakes.
All you will get is an idea of brake force per wheel in kgs,as previously suggested newer ATL stations may have the facility to give the weight of the axles at the time of test(Tecalamit Rollers do)Also gives idea of total weight of car.
I may be wrong, but,the IVA/SVA is not an MOT test and is a test to a standard for road use regarding compliance with RTA,sharp edges,lighting,noise and the like and is specific to the individual vehicle, hence the name.
Confused ? Me too!

Last edited by flyerncle : 28th May 2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Another brain storm