View Single Post
Old 10th January 2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Anumber View Post
I think it's a great idea.
Have you thought of setting up a wbesite or Facebook page showing the various stages of build - getting this in the local paper and asking for sponsorship for the charity ? A car build has to be every bit as much work as a long sponsored walk or cycle ride etc in anyone's book (and a lot more productive). When it's built you could keep the interest going by taking the car to local schools and colleges and giving talks to the kids on engineering/ automotive courses.
Thats a good point, I have a blog but i'm just trying to do bit here and there at the moment as I have my little one to think about at the moment.
The origional plan was to call it "Built on a budget" as most of my parts are from work's skip / metal off cuts for instance the tranny tunnel sides are made in 2 pieces of 2mm steel using off cuts from bombing targets we make.

The sheet behind the seats is made up of 5 peices of ally i found in the metal bin the exact height, as it is going to be covered in carpet it won't be seen.

I like the idea of getting schools involved in engineering etc, as luck would have it our house backs onto the Cardigan College.

Thanks for the reply another good point.

Regards
Dean

Being overtaken is a sign of weakness.

South Wales Kit Car Club
www.southwaleskitcarclub.co.uk

WWW.HELPFORHEROES.ORG.UK
XBox Gamer tag: D34NNO