View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2012, 08:28 PM

Default Harness fixing points

Sorry more questions.....

I plan to fit my harness to my modified top seat rail and I know there is a minimum distance from the base of the seat to the top fixing points, but I have read a post somewhere regarding if the harness touches the seat this will be classed as a structual part of the car and will fail if deemed not strong enough.

I have purchased a 4 point harness from "Prima Motorsport" which I must say is top quality and made to my personal requirements for less than £100 delivered.....
It has a quick release buckle fitted to the left hand side, quick release hooks to the top straps for fitting to eyebolts and pull down lap straps away from the buckle, (and it's black and yellow... ).

So to meet legal requirements if I fit threaded spacers to my top seat rail and fit eye bolts into the spacers will this be Ok as long as the harness does not touch the seat?

I believe Spud69 said as long as your shoulder is higher than the hole in your seat this will be fine.
So what if the examiner is somewhat vertically challanged surely the seat will touch the harness and become a faliure?

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/JohnoSS1/

Johno