View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:33 PM

i was of the under standing that rotory latch releases are not iva ok but i could be wrong or now its ok in the updated regs
could be in note 5 section 31?
note 5"The locking mechanism, i.e. the buckle, when both under load and not under load, can be released by a single movement in one direction by either hand."
Also
Each seat belt must bear the appropriate approval marks or have the equivalent characteristics to that of a belt approved for the same category of vehicle to ensure the belt meets the required approval standards. (see note 5)
Each seat belt must be attached by an appropriate fixing and be securely fitted (see notes 3 & 4)

A harness or three point belt “effective upper anchorage” location must be at least 450mm above the reference point. (see note 14)

Note 14: The “effective anchorage” is any point where the load from a belt would be applied, consideration should be made to the suitability of the seat to withstand the loads likely to be imposed.
See section 19

would be worth checking with your local iva stn. and reading section 31 of iva manual it has a diagram in for minimum height ancorage points from seat base.
i took my harnesses in to my local iva stn and the man there was more than happy to inspect my belts. he gave me a few pointers and seem to make out that thay are quiet hot on belts and ancorages and a tip he gave me was if your seat is on runners then bottom belt plates need to be able to rotate to alow the change in angle with the seat in all runner postions but if thay are fixed its not an issue