Thread: Megajolt
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2011, 02:08 PM

Default Megajolt

I'm trying to get my megajolt up and running and I've run into some problems. So far I've only got the power, earth, pip, & saw wired up. I then connected the power & earth to a 12v battery to try and bench test it and get it connecting to my laptop ok. The light on the back of the megajolt comes on indicating it has power. I've installed the latest version of software (v4.02) and started up the software. I then checked the device manager and found it running on com 3 so I switched it to com 3 in the megajolt software. I then start getting loads of microsoft visual c++ runtime errors I did notice though that if I don't click ok on the error message, I can still view the about info showing that it has managed to connect to the megajolt as it shows it's version. As soon as I click OK at the error message, the megajolt software exits I tried updating the laptop with the 2010 (coulnt find a 2011) redistributable install for visual studio but that didn't seem to fix it. I've set the bit rate to 38400 as indicated by an autosports lab forum thread I found. Also strangely if I change the com port it's running on, the version changes?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg megajolt error.JPG (19.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg megajolt version.JPG (11.3 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by brainbug007 : 28th November 2011 at 02:15 PM.