View Single Post
Old 31st January 2009, 10:14 AM

Default Insurance Questions

OK we all know that Insurance Co's will try their hardest to not pay out, I know that I have to give details of mods/upgrads carried out on my Discovery. If I did not declare my suspension lift effectivly I would not be insured in fact anything including spot lights, roof lights ect must be declared even a change of tyre size.

So having got your SVA/IVA with all the safty things like covers over exposed bolts/nuts, correctly radioused things like the cycle wings and no protrusions on the dash ect. Then you get it home and begin all the mods you wish to carry out therefor changing the car from what the testers deemed as safe, how do you stand on insurance. For instance you want to adjust the steering/suspension and remove the safty covers but don't bother to put them back, you have carried out a modifaction which should be declared and made the car unsafe in the eyes of the SVA/IVA testers. Or you decide that the switches on the dash are not what you really like so you change them to the old fashioned type switches, You then have a minor accedent and your passenger injures themselves on the protruding switch. Will the insurance also deem the mods as being unsafe and refuse to pay out.

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)