View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 07:13 PM

23 May

Spent all of yesterday in the garage, moved the seats up into the attic along with the nose cone which has been in my way for a while now, did it all while Nicky was taking No. 1 daughter to ballet!

Then spent all day drilling 329 holes in the floor and chassis, OMG I think I have got vibration white finger! Once I had drilled all the holes I then had to de-burr both sides of the ally floor. It is all done now the floor is ready to stick and rivet in once I have got the head light mounts finished and the chassis painted.

A little note on drill bits, I always used standard HSS drill bits but when I started drilling holes for the floor two or three weeks ago I snapped two 3.2mm drill bits after doing 10 holes each. So I forked out on some 3.2mm Cobalt drill bits on line, they were not too expensive under £20 for ten but one drill bit did all the holes and shows no signs of getting blunt. Worth the investment.

No pictures this week as it would just be the same sheet of aluminium you have seen before with a hole every 30mm!

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread