Thread: white smoke...
View Single Post
Old 11th January 2014, 10:02 AM

Thank you for the last replies.

Yes I thought about the Pope thingy too

I'm pretty sure I bled the water circuit properly, I always fill it with the top hose disconnected, and reconnect it when water starts to come out of it, as it is the highest point of the system, I think it was not the problem, but thanks for the input.

As I said, I want to avoid any repair, time and expense if I have to change the engine at one point anyway. I just no longer trust this engine, and I don't want it to become a bottomless well for my time and money. I still have more than two weeks before the inspection, and I think I have time to swap the engine before. Doing it after will be more paperwork, perhaps another inspection, so better to have the final engine before. But thanks for the tip Enoch :-)

TT, the Scorpio engine I might buy is a 8v DOHC for sure, it is from 1992. I would have loved to fit a 16v from a Scorpio or RS2000, not impossible as it is the same block, and it would have solve my under-bonnet clearance problems too. But I would have to change the exhaust manifold which is now adapted to my exhaust line, and buy the right ECU and engine loom. So I will keep it simple, and cheap for now.

Here is the info on the engine if you want to check. ("mileage is in "Swedish miles", which is not a mile, but 10km! So the engine is 150.000km)
http://en.bildelsbasen.se/index.php?...ost_id=8649700

The only difference I can see with mine, is that mine is a N9C and this one a N9D, but according to Wikipedia, they are the same. I will get pictures of the engine early next week, so I will be 100% sure.

Thank you very much for the help