View Single Post
Old 15th August 2013, 08:06 AM

Hi,

Good to see another person trying to squeeze a Saab lump in.

Accepted wisdom regarding omega boxes is that you add a 0 to the number on the box and you have the limit in Nm. I.e. R28 can safely take 280Nm. They did do an R35, but only on the rare 3.2 v6 manual. Now a Saab 2.3 Aero from a 9000 puts out 350 before you play with it, so you'll need to map the ecu very conservatively, not least because in something as light as a roadster you'll just be lighting the tyres all the time.

As a result I've got an e36 328 gearbox with a saab bell housing welded on. It cost someone else a lot of money, but it's supposed to be indestructible...

You can get custom bell housings to fit a gm euro block pattern engine like the saab to either a Ford t9 or t5 gearbox with a cable clutch. They are supposed to be much stronger than the gm boxes.

I'm nearly ready to start mocking up my engine mountings, so when I'm done I can send you on some dimensions if you want. I am going down the dry sump route though as the saab engines have an oil starvation issue when used RWD, so I might be too low for you.

It's probably a long way off, but I can help with the ecu mapping too.

Last edited by beardydave : 15th August 2013 at 04:26 PM.