View Single Post
Old 9th May 2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wain View Post
The chap was saying that when accelerating- the manifold pushes air into the brake servo, increasing pressure in the servo ready for braking. Then when you brake, the air pressure is blown back into the manifold, thus reducing the air flow and help drop the revs.

Anyway, thank you for the feed back, i will get these capped off at weekend.

But my next query is petrol tank related.
I was reading in Complete Kit Car magazine and there is an excellent piece on setting up the fuel system, which made me realise i need a fuel pump! but it then read on about setting the fuel pressure provided to the engine, what pressure have you guys got yours set to??
Lastly the breather valve- is it ok to just have a small bit of pipe coming from the outlet, to a breather valve, then a bit more pipe just running up the back panel- maybe with an air filter on the end to ensure only clean air is sucked in??

Most of us are using tanks (beautifully made by k4kev) and are using the in tank pump from the mx5.if fits in with the loom etc.

A few people are using the mx5 breather. I am going to use one of the breathers available from car builder solutions. This will run up to near the filler with a bit of tube.

I agree with skov about the pipes. You can get nice silicone 8mm end caps on ebay fairly cheaply.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67112582@N03/

Saturn MX5 Based Chassis, Limited Slip Diff & 2.4 Quick Rack.

Build cost.... seems to be spending more on tools than car bits at the moment! (they will be handy in the future though).
Car iva'd and passed 15/08/2014. Finished weight 572kg.