View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 82 View Post
I have made the second attempt to get my Gillham side panels to fit today, and I have decided to throw them in the skip. I don't see why I have to cut the bottom angle off to get them to sit nicely without the side panel distorting. Well pissed off, while I am at it, I may wang the bonnet as well. The panels are not made thick enough in my opinion, they flex very very easy. Really peed off, but after getting the build looking really nice, I don't want to spoil it by putting sub standard stuff on my car. Wish that I payed a little more & got an agm kit, the quality looks amazing on Chris' car. There is a company down Plymouth direction that sell healey 3000 replica moulds that fit the haynes roadster with the use of out riggers. I love the look of it, and may make a u turn & change direction. Wish that I hadn't wasted a load of cash on sub standard stuff. On the upside, my gaz coilovers from Rally Design will be here tomorrow, amazing service, cheap as chips !
I'm not sure how good or bad the Gillam stuff is but I think unfortunately with a hand built chassis and hand built moulds there are always going to be issues. Especially with a seven type car. It's difficult to accept when so much effort has been exhausted but you have to remind yourself that you're building a car to drive, not a "show 'n' shine" type thing.