View Single Post
Old 19th July 2008, 11:22 PM

We loaded up the trailer and as i was getting the MAC from thew tester another VOSA employee came over from a diffent part of the site, i greeted him and assumed he had come over to look at the car but No he showed me his VOSA ID and said that he thought that the Transit and trailer were over weight and instructed me to take the them over to the weigh bridge.
we were over weight, fair cop gov but a bit sad IMHO.
He was to say the least a jobs worth but if thats the law then I am banged to rights.
I had MAC in hand and insurance on the chassis number so my solution ( and i was extreemly controlled and polite) was to offer to take the kit off the trailer and drive it back in the rain witout windscreed 120 miles back.
VOSA man decided to do some calcs, we were 5.75% over weight, he gave a prohibition order to take the lot back intact to Chelmsford, do not pass go etc, by 17:00 and to ring him when we got back to lift the prohibition order.
Oh how we laughed...... however i had passed SVA and by the time we stopped at the road side greasy spood we were all sort of laughing about the whole deal.

However if you do use a trailer and tow to Norwich make sure you now the tow weights i.e. what the tow vehicle is allowed to pull and what the trailer weighs