View Single Post
Old 29th June 2014, 07:33 PM

There are a lot of contradictions in this answer Ben. I will not answer point by point, I already spent to much time on that (and you can't imagine how uneasy it is for me to answer to this kind of things and making myself clear in English which is not my mother tongue).

Just one thing : the nose cone is lying on the side panel top edges, which are, at that place, 4mm thick. So the gap is actually only 6mm, not 10mm. Which can be a fibreglass problem, but again, I never said so. If my chassis was out of 10mm at the front, I'd rather plant carrots than building a car. The measurements between the lower face of BR1/BR2 and the top face of TR1/TR2 is exactly 355mm, so there is no problem with my chassis here.

2014-06-29_09-49-12 par Voucht71, sur Flickr

2014-06-29_09-49-27 par Voucht71, sur Flickr

I checked again the measurements at the rear, and it is the same, everything is Ok on the chassis side. I have pictures of these measurements too if you want.

Now that I'm proven innocent, I want to make another statement: I measured the vertical dimension of the inside of the side panel, from top edge to bottom edge. The measurements of Equinox's side panels are spot on too, nothing to say about that. So, why these gaps if my chassis is spot on, and so are the side panels? I think it is because of the shape the panel is taking when it is forced under the 3mm floor. The panel get a slight inwards curve, and I guess that's what gives these gaps.

2014-06-29_15-45-10 par Voucht71, sur Flickr

So no one is to be blamed, and everyone is making a wonderful job: me, Equinox, you, the Pope and and the Queen of Denmark. And as Voltaire said: "All's for the best in the best of all possible worlds"

... nevertheless, I still have gaps to fill!