View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:53 AM

Well I thought it was time for some more pictures, however I've found that the jobs I'm doing don't take very interesting photos.

But I have now finished modifying my wing stays (in other words bodge until they fit correctly...), I think the wing stays I purchased off of ebay were for a different sized wheel and wing, meaning that they have required a bit of cutting and shutting to make them fit correctly. So my plan for the future is to possible make some fancy carbon fibres ones that will be made to measure, but that will be a winter mod after the car is on the road. They have now been primed and painted and will be fitted to the car later on so I can sikaflex my wings to them and then fibreglass them on top of that to ensure they don't come off during use.

I've managed to do a few other odd jobs like ensuring my hydraulic brake sensor is fitted correctly to my t-piece, this required cutting down the threaded section of the sensor to allow a copper washer to be used to allow adequate sealing, I still need to test the system with some brake fluid to make sure I have no leaks, but before I do that I need to create a new bracket for the rear brake line t-piece as at the moment it is not as far as I can tell IVA friendly as the t-piece is supported by the three brake lines, not the other way around. I can provide a picture if people are unsure what I mean.

I've also discovered that I have issues trying to tighten my headlight nuts, meaning I have a droopy headlight at the minute, it appears that it is the equivalent of a 21.5mm across flats nut (whatever that is?) but the headlight brackets don't allow me enough space to get a spanner in there, any tips would be appreciated as my car looks a bit 'special' with its one droopy eye... You can also see the indicators I have fitted which will need extensions made for them to pass IVA.

My non-adhesive self amalgamating loom tape arrived on Saturday so I have now taped up the column switch cables which has made it a lot tidier.

Finally I have put in a 90° elbow to remove a kink in my brake hose, I just need to buy some hose clamps to secure everything.

I have also got my aluminium battery tray and rear view mirror arriving today so hopefully by tonight I will have fitted those as well as my wings.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting

Last edited by Tatey : 3rd June 2013 at 09:56 AM.